Section 4: Rubber Expansion Joints
RED BAND Expansion Joints, Page 407-408
- Type ERV-R
for water, drinking water (approval DVGW W 270 as well as ACS), cold and warm waste water, sea water, cooling water, also with chemical additives for water treatment, low concentrated acids and alkalis, salt solutions, technical alcohols, esters and ketones.
Temperature range -40°C up to +100°C.Update: 06.2022
ROTEX Expansion Joints, Page 411-412
- Type ROTEX
for permanent stress through hot heating water, cooling water and hot air. Approved according to DIN up to 100°C by 10 bar and up to 110°C by 6 bar.
Temperature range -40°C u pt o +130°C.Update: 06.2022
CR Expansion Joints, Page 415-416
- Type ERV-CR
for cold and warm water, swimming pool water, sea water, waste water (weakly sour or alkaline) also oil containing, cooling water with protective oils against corrosion, lubricating oil, grease and air, compressed air.
Temperature -25°C up to +90°C.Update: 06.2022
BR Expansion Joints, Page 417-418
- Type ERV-BR
special type for abrasive media such as sludges, slurries, solid / liquid mixtures and emulsions, dustlike or powdery products (e. g. carbon-blacks).
Temperature (depending on medium) - 50° C up to + 70° C, temporarily up to + 90° C.Update: 06.2022
RED SPOT Expansion Joints, Page 419-420
- Type ERP
for cold and warm water, pool water, sea water, drinking water.
Temperature range -40°C up to+90°C.Update: 06.2022
YELLOW BAND Expansion Joints, Page 423-424
- Type ERV-G
for petroleum based products, fuel ethanol blend and DIN EN fuels, also town gas and natural gas, except for LP-gas.
Temperature range -20°C up to +90°C.Update: 06.2022
YELLOW STEEL Expansion Joints, Page 427-428
- Type ERV-GS
for petroleum based products, DIN EN fuels, cooling water with oily anticorrosion additives, lubrication and hydraulic oil, seawater.
Temperature range -20°C up to +90°C. Fire resistant up to 30min. and 800°C.Update: 06.2022
YELLOW STEEL HNBR Expansion Joints, Page 431-432
- Type ERV-GS HNBR
for petroleum based products, DIN EN fuels, cooling water with oily anticorrosion additives, lubrication and hydraulic oil, seawater. Very good aging and resistance.
Temperature range -35°C up to +100°C.Update: 06.2022
YELLOW BAND LT Expansion Joints, Page 435-436
- Type ERV-G LT
for low temperature applications for petroleum based products, diesel, heating oil, aviation fuel JETA 1, kerosene, petroleum and gasoline.
Temperature range -40°C up to +90°C.Update: 06.2022
ORANGE BAND Expansion Joints, Page 439 & 440
- Type ERV-OR
for Liquid Petroleum Gas (LPG) according to EN 589. For tank trucks and refuelling stations.
Temperature range -20°C up to +90°C.Update: 11.2022
GREEN BAND Expansion Joints, Page 443-444
- Type ERV-GR
for chemicals, acids, alkalis and aggressive chemical waste water. For oil-contaminated compressed air up to +90°C.
Temperature range -20°C up to +100°C.Update: 06.2022
WHITE BAND Expansion Joints, Page 451-452
- Type ERV-W
for food stuffs, also oil and fat containing food. Not approved for drinking water.
Temperature range -20°C up to +90°C.Update: 06.2022
FLANGE choice, Page 461-464
For the choice of flanges a great variety of combinations concerning geometrie, materials and coatings is available. Also two different flange types on one compensator are possible.Update: 10.2020
ERV Inner Sleeves, PTFE Lining, Support Spiral, Support Ring, Page 467-468
Installation and Operation Hints for ERV Rubber Expansion Joints, Page 479-480
Information concerning the Pressure Equipment Directive (PED) 2014/68/EU, Page 483‑484
Catalogue Pages by Category
ERV Rubber Expansion Joints
- Table of content: ERV Rubber Expansion Joints
- RED BAND Expansion Joints
- ROTEX Expansion Joints
- CR Expansion Joints
- BR Expansion Joints
- RED SPOT Expansion Joints
- YELLOW BAND Expansion Joints
- YELLOW STEEL Expansion Joints
- YELLOW STEEL HNBR Expansion Joints
- YELLOW BAND LT Expansion Joints
- ORANGE BAND Expansion Joints
- GREEN BAND Expansion Joints
- WHITE BAND Expansion Joints
Information ERV Rubber Expansion Joints
- Order Number Breakdown
- Checklist for Expansion Joints
- Overview of Certificates
- Hints for Pipework Designer
- Installation and Operation Hints for ERV Rubber Expansion Joints
- Information concerning the Pressure Equipment Directive (PED)
Accessories for ERV Rubber Expansion Joints
- FLANGE choice
- ERV Tie Rods and Angular Limiters
- ERV Inner Sleeves, PTFE Lining, Support Spiral, Support Ring
- Flame Protection Cover for ERV Rubber Expansion Joints
ERV for Flexible Connections.
Rubber Expansion Joints (compensators) are used as flexible connectors within pipe systems. Based on the German expression „Elastische Rohrverbinder“ the type brand ERV® is being used.
ERV expansion joints from ELAFLEX HIBY are moulded single sphere type rubber bellows with swiveling metal flanges. Their construction and lengths (installation sizes) have since become internationally recognised standard.
Problem Solvers within Pipe Systems:
- ERV are distinguished by a large axial, lateral and angular range of allowable movement, low reaction forces and low inherent resistance.
- ERV are used to absorb tensions caused by temperature changes (thermal expansion), and equalize structural settling such as basement subsiding or ground movements.
- ERV are suitable as a pipe insert / expansion piece to facilitate inspections
- ERV are perfect noise dampeners and ideally qualified to reduce vibrations. The major part of the piping‘s structure-borne noise and the low-frequency noise generated by fluids is eliminated.
- ERV also serve to equalise assembly inaccuracies. If ERV are provided for during the planning phase there will be less problems during installation caused by inaccuracy.
Large inventory: ELAFLEX HIBY Hamburg constantly stocks more than 30.000 premium quality bellows - basis for a fast, reliable delivery.
Depending on the operation conditions you choose the right ERV-type (i.e. EPDM, NBR, Hypalon or Neoprene). ELAFLEX HIBY offers 13 different types, DN 25 - 1000 mm, in various lengths.
Quality production: only premium quality bellows exclusively made for us by ContiTech, Germany are used. Both ELAFLEX HIBY and ContiTech have a reputation for reliability and longevity.
Please take advantage of the experience of our sales team. Alternatively, for an easy and quick choice: use our ERV Configurator !